Monday, August 10, 2009

Almost 8 Months Post-Op

Not much to write here. It's been a weird few months. I've fallen twice; yes, I'm a klutz. I had carpal tunnel surgery- right hand. Two days later a white van decided to merge into my lane with me being right next to them and I had to utilize my just-operated-on hand to quickly get onto the shoulder & steady myself from not going off the road entirely. That certainly hurt! Then last Thursday a cat ran right in front of me while going 30 mph, which caused muscle strains in my neck and mid-back. So, it's really hard for me to say how I'm feeling these days with all of the oddities occurring.

I'm not where I hoped I would be at eight months. Granted, it really is six months if you start counting from the time I had the IVC filter removed, which is when the last of the nickel was removed from my system. It's frustrating, complicated...I just try to do the best I can. Time will tell.

In the meantime I'm keeping busy with work. I also started a new little project that will be keeping me preoccupied for the next month or so - opposing the health care bill. I feel that changes to the health care system should be led by the medical community (and maybe some experienced patients like myself), not politicians. But that's just me. While I've avoided reading the talking points of the various parties, I instead read the bill and came to my own conclusion. Since I've spent 2/3 of my life dealing with the health system, you can imagine I have my own ideas. I'm not going to bore you with the details, but if you're interested in learning about what I'm doing let me know. I've basically started a petition, a new blog...I'm really trying to saturate the web as much as one person can while still holding down a 40+ hour/week job. It's taken a lot of work to get things organized, but it gives what I've been through some purpose. If I can do anything to help prevent someone else from going through what I've been through, then I will certainly feel like all of this was for a reason after all.

I hope everyone out there is happy, healthy, and doing well. I wish you all the best.

No comments: